Vinyl Supreme Bundle
Vinyl Supreme Bundle
This item is SOLD OUT.
PLEASE NOTE: Online orders could be delayed due to COVID-19. Please read our official statement for further details.
Please Note: All Hey Clockface vinyl variants have been pushed back due to delays with the manufacturer. Orders with vinyl will now ship on or around Nov. 13Product Details
- Four different vinyl options - in one bundle!- Hey Clockface Opaque Yellow vinyl 2xLP edition is limited to 350 units, manufactured at Third Man Pressing in Detroit, and exclusive to elviscostello.com.- Ten 7” (twenty tracks), tri-color, deluxe numbered edition vinyl box set - EXCLUSIVE to elviscostello.com.
- Numbered box (1000 units manufactured at Third Man Pressing in Detroit) houses TEN 7” vinyl.
All 16 tracks from the Look Now double LP (on eight 7” records) + FOUR additional tracks (on TWO additional 7”.
- Tri-color vinyl edition: each 7” is opaque red, opaque violet, and opaque yellow.
- Four postcards and a 16-page booklet of lyrics and artwork BONUS Look Now 7” adapter included with purchase.- Look Now Deluxe 7” box set edition (ten 7” vinyl) + 7” adapter - limited to 1000 units.
- Look Now translucent green 180g 2xLP, exclusive to elviscostello.com.
- “No Flag” 7” vinyl with non-album, exclusive b-side “I Wish It Would Rain.” The “No Flag” 7” is a red, white and black tri-color edition, limited to 300 copies. Manufactured at Third Man Pressing in Detroit
Hey Clockface was recorded in Helsinki, Paris and New York and mixed by Sebastian Krys in Los Angeles.
After traveling alone to the Finnish capital on February 16th 2020, Costello worked for three days at Suomenlinnan Studio, a recording facility a twenty-minute ferry ride from downtown Helsinki. Asked about the choice of recording location, Costello, explained, "I wanted to go somewhere nobody knew me. So, this is ‘The Helsinki Sound.’"
The resulting track was "No Flag", recorded by Eetu Seppälä - assisted by Tim Mikkkola - in Helsinki and mixed by Sebastian Krys in Los Angeles.
Following the solo recording of “No Flag”, “Hetty O’Hara Confidential” and “We Are All Cowards Now” at Suomenlinnan Studio, Helsinki by Eetü Seppälä in February 2020, Costello immediately traveled to Paris for a weekend session at Les Studios Saint Germain.
Costello tells us, “I sang live on the studio floor, directing from the vocal booth. We cut nine songs in two days. We spoke very little. Almost everything the musicians played was a spontaneous response to the song I was singing. I’d had a dream of recording in Paris like this, one day.”
The ensemble, dubbed, “Le Quintette Saint Germain” by Costello, was recruited for these dates by Steve Nieve (who plays grand piano, upright piano, organ, mellotron & melodica) features Mickaél Gasche on trumpet, flugel horn and serpent, Pierre-François ‘Titi’ Dufour on cello and the drums, percussion and high harmonies of Ajuq. Reed player, Renaud-Gabriel Pion brought many tones and colors to the performances, playing, contrabass clarinet, bass clarinet, Bb clarinet, tenor saxophone, bass flute and cor anglais.
The Paris sessions were recorded by François Delabrière.
The New York sessions were produced by composer, arranger and trumpet player, Michael Leonhart in collaboration with guitarists, Bill Frisell and Nels Cline and completed, lyrically and vocally by Costello, “via Electrical Wire.”
“I wanted to write “Helsinki-Paris-???” on the record jacket like this was a perfume or an advertising agency. “London” was a possibility for the third city but London is forever. We’ll be there again. Michael sent this music to me from New York at the perfect time. It connected to elements in both of the previous sessions and completed the picture.”
Speaking of the emotional and dynamic range of the record, Costello said, “I wanted the record to be vivid, whether the songs demanded playing that was loud and jagged or intimate and beautiful.” The assembled album, Hey Clockface is “An Elvis Costello & Sebastian Krys Production” following on from their work together on Elvis Costello and The Imposters GRAMMY-winning album Look Now.
CD/DOWNLOAD TRACK LIST:
1. Revolution #49 (2:41)
2. No Flag (3:56)
3. They’re Not Laughing At Me Now (4:26)
4. Newspaper Pane (4:10)
5. I Do (Zula’s Song) (3:49)
6. We Are All Cowards Now (3:36)
7. Hey Clockface / How Can You Face Me? (2:56)
8. The Whirlwind (3:17)
9. Hetty O’Hara Confidential (4:14)
10. The Last Confession of Vivian Whip (2:59)
11. What Is It That I Need That I Don’t Already Have? (3:46)
12. Radio Is Everything (4:25)
13. I Can’t Say Her Name (2:57)
14. Byline (2:40)
VINYL 2xLP TRACK LIST:
1. Revolution #49 (02:41)
2. No Flag (03:56)
3. They’re Not Laughing At Me Now (04:26)
4. Newspaper Pane (04:10)
5. I Do (Zula’s Song) (03:49)
6. We Are All Cowards Now (03:36)
7. Hey Clockface/How Can You Face Me? (02:56)
8. The Whirlwind (03:17)
9. Hetty O’Hara Confidential (04:14)
10. The Last Confession of Vivian Whip (02:59)
11. What Is It That I Need That I Don’t Already Have? (03:46)
12. Radio Is Everything (04:25)
13. I Can’t Say Her Name (02:57)
14. Byline (02:40)